Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St had on returning guest, author and popular economic blogger, Charles Hugh Smith http://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html.
Charles came on to discuss his new book, A Radically Beneficial World: Automation, Technology and Creating Jobs for All: The Future Belongs to Work That Is Meaningful which can be purchased on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017....
Charles' other books he's authored are listed here: http://www.oftwominds.com/CHS-books.html
Charles' full bio: Charles Hugh Smith is the author of the oftwominds.com blog, #7 in CNBC's top alternative
financial sites, and nine books on our economy and society, including "Why Things Are
Falling Apart and What We Can Do About It," "The Nearly Free University and the Emerging
Economy," "Get a Job, Build a Real Career and Defy a Bewildering Economy" and most recently, "A Radically Beneficial World: Automation, Technology and Creating Jobs for All." His work is published on a number of popular financial websites including Zero Hedge, Financial Sense, and David Stockman's Contra Corner.
Smith has also written seven novels and has posted a number of book and film commentaries on his website.
During this 40+ minute interview, Jason asks Charles about the radical changes the jobs market is currently undergoing.
Charles talks about how central planning, technology and outsourcing/offshoring has made labor and capital both un-scarce.
Jason and Charles talk about the goals of Keynesian central planning and how it has made capital so cheap that it's easier for companies to invest in robots and automation now than it should be without normalized interest rates.
Next, Jason asks Charles about the current jobs market and how difficult it's becoming to find a good high paying full time job and why most jobs being created are part time jobs.
Charles thinks continued learned throughout one's adult lifetime, working in local communities and finding more work there with relationships with people will be more enjoyable than a corporate job working 70+ hours a week.
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St had on returning guest, Dr. Chris Martenson and his business partner at Peak Prosperity http://www.peakprosperity.com/, first time guest Adam Taggart.
Chris and Adam co-founded Peak Prosperity and also created the popular Crash Course video series on the 3Es: Economy, Energy and the Environment that has woken a lot of people up about what's really going on in the world since the video series debuted around 2007.
Chris worked as a corporate executive for a Fortune 500 company before quitting his job and changing his lifestyle and Adam worked on Wall St and was an executive at Yahoo before also quitting his job, waking up and changing his lifestyle as well.
They came on a podcast to talk about their new book, Prosper!: How To Prepare for the Future and Create a World Worth Inheriting
The book can be bought on Amazon and Audible in hard cover, ebook and audio book formats. http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/95...
For a limited time, the book is also 50% for Audible members until December 16th is over: http://www.audible.com/mt/Member-Than...
During this 25+ minute interview, Jason asks Chris and Adam about the myriad of problems and craziness going on in the world and why they decided to write a new book now?
Chris and Adam talk about how their Crash Course video series and subsequent book were about identifying all the problems with the economy, energy and the environment and how their new book offers the regular person on Main St a bunch of different solutions to many of these problems.
Chris and Adam talk in the book about how people can protect their wealth, improve their health, change their lifestyle and how to protect themselves and their family and friends against asset prices potentially collapsing in value.
Chris and Adam see painful deflation happening in the near term as asset prices fall and then governments and central banks will drastically over-react and create massive, massive inflation to counter the deflation.
Jason also asks both about how to create a meaningful, prosperous life without chasing every last Dollar.
To wrap up the interview, Jason asks Adam and Chris about Generation X'ers and the Millennials and how they can prosper in the future with the student loan debt bubble, no savings and a very poor job market to find a good high paying job after college.
During this 40+ minute interview, Jason asks Steve about his recent article about how the Shale oil industry in the US is collapsing.
Jason and Steve talk about the oil markets and how many higher cost shale oil producers have been able to delay bankruptcy.
Steve calls shale oil a "Giant Ponzi scheme."
Steve is predicting US oil production will collapse in the next few years unless the oil price goes much higher. He also says global consumers cannot afford oil prices above $70/barrel.
Next, Jason asks Steve about the gold and silver mining industries. Steve agrees with Jason that at least half the primary gold and silver miners would be bankrupt already if oil prices hadn't collapsed helping to cut costs or if gold and silver weren't much higher in currencies other than the US Dollar.
Steve thinks silver miners are a great speculative investment considering how cheap they are.
To wrap up the interview, Jason and Steve discuss the supply/demand fundamentals for gold & silver.
Steve thinks a lot of silver mine supply from base metal producers that produce silver as a byproduct will come offline soon as copper and base metals continue to collapse.
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St and independent financial journalist and managing editor of The News Doctors http://thenewsdoctors.com/, Eric Dubin are back for Episode #13 of Welcome to Dystopia!
This week's special guest is Adam Dick who is a lawyer and senior fellow at the Ron Paul Institute for Peace & Prosperity http://ronpaulinstitute.org/
Adam's full bio is: Adam worked from 2003 through 2013 as a legislative aide for Rep. Ron Paul. Previously, he was a member of the Wisconsin State Board of Elections, a co-manager of Ed Thompson's 2002 Wisconsin governor campaign, and a lawyer in New York and Connecticuit. Adam helped Ron Paul with his domestic policy.
Adam is also an expert on the 2nd Amendment and he came on the show to talk about his new article http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/...
Adam released his article after President Obama's speech/address on Sunday night and the New York Times article about eliminating gun ownership in the US: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opi...
For most of this week's episode, Jason and Eric ask Adam about his article, the 2nd Amendment and why Progressives keep wanting to eliminate all gun ownership when in the strictest gun regulation states like California criminals and terrorists still are able to get their hands on guns.
It's a very interesting discussion on the gun debate.
After the lengthy discussion on guns in the US, Jason and Eric talk about the implications of the RMB going into the SDR and how the IMF ignored the protests of the US.
Jason and Eric also talked about the president of Brazil potentially facing impeachment charges for misappropriating funds and corruption and how many other emerging markets are in similar trouble.
Jason Burack of Wall St for Main St interviewed returning guest, editor of The Hat Trick Letter at Golden Jackass.com http://www.goldenjackass.com/, Jim Willie.
This is an interesting 90+ minute interview.
Questions/Topics for the interview include:
• Recently, there was a secret meeting between Russia and a Saudi Prince- Was the meeting about a coordinated oil production cut to move the price higher to save the world's largest oil producing countries? Or about what to do about Syria and pipelines? Or a mix?
• The IMF has said Saudi Arabia can only survive at most 5 years of low oil prices at their current burn rate in foreign exchange reserves before they go bankrupt too. Almost every other OPEC producer has spent most of their oil profits almost as soon as the profits come in and are in much worse shape than the Saudis. Will OPEC be going to China begging for a bailout if oil prices don't rise again soon?
• Some Wall St commodity traders are illegally buying $10/barrel oil on the black market from ISIS. Why haven't the buyers gotten caught?
• In our last interview you talked about a massive oil bust that was coming, but why haven't we seen banks go bust from shale oil loans yet? Is the Federal Reserve secretly bailing these banks out?
• Christine Lagarde of the IMF seems to approve of the RMB going into the SDR very soon but the US government appears committed to blocking the RMB into the SDR. How much longer can the US government block the RMB going into the SDR?
• What happens to gold and silver supply available if many gold and silver mines shut down and miners start going bust?
• Do you think Wall St is planning on buying gold and silver mines up as they go bankrupt?
• Why do you think Wall St banks are starting to rapidly embrace the block chain technology behind Bitcoin? Is this another part of the elite's plan for a cashless society where all transactions are taxed and tracked?
• China is negotiating a large currency swap bailout with Venezuela probably in exchange for a massive amount of oil. Will this be the model how the developing world/commodity producing countries with too much US Dollar denominated debt will strategically default on their US debt and then get financing from China and Chinese banks?
• Do you think currency swaps will be the main bailout tool for central banks going forward?
• In early November, Bloomberg put out an article how Wall St banks are trying to offer discounted interest rate swaps to attract more buyers of these products. Why are the banks trying to sell more of these when there's already so many?
Wall St for Main St interviewed John Rubino, the editor of Dollar Collapse and author of The Money Bubble. In this podcast, we discussed the Feds decision to raise interest rate and how it will pave way to reversing the hike. We also did a 2015 review where we analyzed the emerging market, Brazil and China collapse and look forward to 2016.